Our privacy practices vary depending on applicable legal requirements. Intersport materially complies with applicable laws in the jurisdictions in which it operates. It is in our legitimate business interests to provide you with the Services which use the personal data provided to us for the purposes described herein or on the FMTO website.
In the course of providing its Services, Intersport collects, uses, and discloses personal data. Personal data is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you. You, as the purchaser or as a user of the Services, may be asked to provide certain personal data when you use our Services, such as:
- Names and contact information (work and home/mobile phone, email, and/or contact address);
- Names of attendees as required for hotel reservations;
- Traveler preferences and trip details;
- Payment data (routed through third party contractor Braintree – PCI compliant); and
- Cookies, IP addresses, and relevant browsing information (e.g. for saving partially completed orders for Services).
Intersport collects personal data:
- Directly from you when you access various parts of our Services, including when you communicate with us via email or other channels;
- From the FMTO website related to booking Services and our company, including third party suppliers for the Services which may include hotels, or payment card processors; and
- Data we collect automatically through the FMTO website, by using cookies and similar technologies.
Intersport uses personal data to:
- Provide the Services and fulfill its obligations to you and your traveler party (e.g. complete and administer hotel reservations, notices about the Services, inform you of updates to our products or the Services).
- Communicate with you by email, post, and phone or via the FMTO website and to provide you with customer service.
- Understand how our websites and applications are used and provide a customized experience as you use the Services, such as by providing interactive or personalized elements of the Services and providing you with content based on your interests (see our “Cookies” policy on the FMTO website for more information).
- Fulfill a request made by you (e.g. questions, or other requests about your personal data).
- Send you newsletters, marketing emails, and other information or materials that may interest you, as well as showing personalized advertisements. Where required, we will obtain your consent before sending such marketing messages or showing personalized advertisements.
- Generate pseudonymized or aggregated profiles and use such data for reporting and analytic purposes.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce your, our, or other’s rights as we believe reasonably necessary (e.g. billing and collection, fraud prevention, comply with legal obligations, and respond to legal proceedings or requests from legal authorities and law enforcement or other third parties).
Personal data collected is shared with or disclosed to:
- Intersport and its affiliates, partners, subcontractors, and agents as necessary to fulfill and support the Services, including emergency bookings and assistance responding to requests, and assessing or offering promotions.
- Third party companies Intersport uses to support its business who provide ancillary services (e.g. payment processing, fulfillment of Services, data storage, or surveys (as applicable)).
- Third party service providers to complete travel and attendee arrangements and reservations and fulfill the Services (e.g. hotels, golf providers, ground transportation companies or similar).
Intersport may be acquired, merge with another business, sell, or liquidate its assets, acquire, or buy other businesses or assets. In such transactions, personal data is generally one of the transferred business assets. In the event of an acquisition, sale, liquidation, or merger, your personal data and non-personal identifying information may be automatically assigned by us in our sole discretion to a third party.
When sharing with or disclosing personal data to other parties, including to Intersport’s related companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, joint ventures, partners, subcontractors, and agents who provide Services.
Intersport stores personal data on its servers managed internally and with third party storage providers.
Intersport uses appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the personal data which Intersport holds. We conduct periodic reviews of our data collection, storage, processing, and security measures to verify we are only collecting, storing, and processing personal data that is required for our Services and to fulfill our contractual obligations. While we make every effort to protect the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee, ensure, or warrant that our security measures will prevent illegal or unauthorized activity related to your personal data. When using our Services, you should be aware that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Although we strive to protect your personal data, we do not warrant the security of any data and information that you transmit to us over the Internet and you do so at your own risk.
In order to protect your personal data, we kindly ask you to not send us credit card information or other similar personal data to us via email. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your personal data from subsequent users. Please alert us immediately if you believe your personal data has been misused related to the Services. Please note, we will never ask you to disclose credit card information in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Intersport does not knowingly collect personal data from minors. Individuals under 18 years of age should not use the FMTO website to submit any personal data about themselves.
You may choose what personal data (if any) you wish to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, your experience or your ability to book the Services may be affected.
To the extent required by applicable law, you have the right to request access your personal data and confirm the processing of your personal data. Also, where applicable, you have the right to rectify inaccuracies or errors, erase, restrict the processing, object to processing, and withdraw consent to processing of your personal data, and where applicable, the right to data portability of your personal data. Intersport will handle such requests in a timely manner, and where permitted by applicable law, may charge a reasonable administrative fee to cover the costs of responding to any such request.
Intersport will respond to your requests to the email address or phone number that you have registered with us or we otherwise have on file for you or any other suitable method. Depending on your request, we may review the request with you to assist in resolving and responding to the request.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern you may have about our use of your personal data.